Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tag...

I'm it! (Jess, this is your birthday present...) So, my friend Jessica tagged me to make a list of 6 unknown or unusual thing about me. Wow...can this be any more uncomfortable? After about 2 weeks of thought I have finally come up with a list that I would not be totally embarrassed about, well most of it anyway.

1. I am a Q-tip addict. I love the feel of cleaning my ears so much that sometimes I do it twice a day. It makes me almost fall asleep when I am cleaning my ears. I have to buy Q-tips in bulk at Sam's Club just to keep up on this weird fascination.

2. I used to be a ballerina. I started dancing when I was little and really took to ballet. I went through all of my classes and finally got to dance on pointe. I traveled to many competitions and competed with my dance group up until high school when I became a cheerleader.

3. I love to collect Chap Stick, lip gloss, or anything similar to it. I have about 25 different kinds and flavors of Chap Sticks, Lip Smackers, Clinique lip gloss, Burt's Bees, Carmex, and many more. I don't quite know why I have this weird collection, but I love it!

4. My closet is organized by color. I am kind of anal that way. All of my shirts are hanging on the top bar of the closet organized by color and shade of color from red to orange to black to grey to brown to green to blue, to white. On the bottom bar of the closet are all of my pants and skirts. Organized by skirts, work pants, and non-work pants (most of which don't fit me right now...baby weight just settles in strange places). People may say I'm a little OCD and they are probably right!

5. I have a thing for sweets, especially ice cream. Not just any ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. For the longest time Baskin Robbins was the only peanut butter and chocolate ice cream that passed my test. I wouldn't eat that peanut butter cup ice cream, no it had to be ribbons of peanut butter in chocolate ice cream. When I was pregnant, I found out that Haagen Dazs has a peanut butter and chocolate ice cream that passed my test. I have recently found that the Target brand, Archer Farms, makes a darn good peanut butter and chocolate ice cream that I might even say beats Baskin Robbins. Sorry about this tangent, but this is one thing I am very serious about!

6. This is the most embarrassing of them all. I was 1995 Miss Lake Forest Teen. Oh my gosh, I can't even believe I just wrote that. I competed in the pageant and then went on to Miss California Teen. I didn't win, but I had a blast!

Well, now you know far too much about me. Now I am supposed to tag some people so here we go... Mom, Stacie (who has already been tagged), Amy (who also has already been tagged), and that is all the people I know who blog on a regular basis. Have fun!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved my birthday present...those are so fun to read. Love your chapstick/lipgloss obsession...I always noticed you had great lip glosses. My favorite is the pageant...you're a girl after my own heart...I'll have to share a similar story with you in private some day. :)

Amy said...

I never would have known about the cheerleading. I happen to be a very proud cheerleader. Love it, love the competitions (watching them, not participating) and now making fun of the little high school cheerleaders, that seriously don't have a clue what they are doing;)

Mission Statement said...

I am learning so much about you! :)

TubbyBiscuit said...

Ok...so now I really need to think of some things to write. You and Jess had some pretty good ones. I like the one about peanut butter ice cream...I could eat anything with peanut butter in it.

Alyssa said...

HAH! I totally remember your dance, cheerleading, and pageant days! Aww...That makes me miss our summers together when we were kids. :-)

Say hi to Andy and the kid from Cousin Alyssa!